Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Why I Farm Roadtrip Countdown: 5 Days to Go

Yesterday I started blogging about the last week of the countdown to Why I Farm Roadtrip. I'm continuing today hoping that it will help you prepare for an adventure of your own. 

While I'm roadtripping, AgSolver has been gracious enough to let me stay on the marketing team and work remotely. Today was my last regularly scheduled day in the office, and quite a productive one! I had three meetings and created a lot of social media content. It was sad to leave the office for the last time, but I'm excited to transition to working remotely.


My car, Kermit, was way overdue for
some cleaning!
Once I got off work, I returned the last of the extra plastic drawer sets to Target. Yesterday, my boyfriend and I spent a long time figuring out the perfect combination of drawers. After we'd made our final selection, I went to Goodwill and found a brand new set of drawers exactly like I needed for 1/4 of the price. So, I kept the Goodwill drawers and returned the Target ones today. While I was there, I noticed my favorite v-necks were on sale for $6. They can be dressed up or down and I love how neutral they are. Needless to say, a couple of them came home with me and will be along for the ride on Why I Farm Roadtrip.

There's a great place in Ames that has a car vacuum station you can use for free. So while all the drawers were out of my car, I sucked up every last crumb from the seats and floors. When I got home, I used the wipes I bought yesterday on the mud, dust and scuffs on my dash and doors. After I wash the windows at the gas station tomorrow, Kermit will look like a whole new car!

One final errand before coming home! I got several rolls of quarters to stash away for my trip. I know they will come in handy for parking and the laundry mat.

When I got home, I met a friend to look at our house. She was looking for a subleaser and we had an open room. Perfect match! (Insert more adulting and coordinating roommate logistics here.)
Just a few items are left in the laundry.
Packing is coming along!

After that, it was time to dive back into laundry and packing. Now most of the storage drawers are full. A few missing items are in the wash, but I put sticky notes on each drawer listing what needs to be added. I'm hoping this keeps me from sneaking in lots of extra clothes, but it's so hard to narrow it down.

As a break from packing, I jumped on #AgChat from 7 - 9pm. The topic was videos, and I learned from so many fantastic people, as usual. Tuesday nights are one of the highlights of my week. My favorite part was the intros, were everyone shared their favorite ag related clip. I hope to make a Monday Night Movie Night post out of everyone's comments.

As always, my final step today was make a list for tomorrow. There's still plenty to do!

Thanks for reading! See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip! Sounds exciting! As a side note, I went to a high school near Ames... I lived in Radcliffe. Ever hear of it? It's tiny haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, Natalina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how your trip progresses. Stay safe and drive careful#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how your trip progresses. Stay safe and drive careful#

    ReplyDelete