Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Ag Business Learning Community Adventures

One of the most rewarding things I've been a part of on the Iowa State campus has been the Agricultural Business Learning Community. As a freshman, this group helped me find the clubs I'd most enjoy, answered my questions about business dress codes, and guided my class choices for the rest of my college career. For the past two years, I've been employed as a peer mentor in this program teaching students how to prepare for career fair and helping them discover their passion in agriculture.

The program is a class that meets twice a week. Most of the time we listen to guest speakers, explore campus resources, or work hard on improving resumes and 4 year plans. Occasionally, we have time to let loose and enjoy the fall season. This week, after many students completed their first round of midterms, we painted pumpkins for a local nursing home and visited Center Grove Orchard. The orchard took time to give us a behind the scenes tour and teach our team about marketing strategy. This week's Wordless Wednesday features the adventures of our relaxed week.

























I hope you've enjoyed this glimpse of our Learning Community adventures as much as we enjoyed getting creative, jumping on the jumping pillow, and munching on caramel apples! Happy fall! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment