Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Night Movie Night, 6th edition

This week's Monday Night Movie Night is a mix of a few different topics within agriculture that interest me. While browsing through YouTube, it really made me thankful for all the diversity within agriculture.

Recently, I found this super helpful YouTube channel, americashearland. They have all kinds of Agriculture 101 videos that explain common agricultural practices. Check out this one defining crop rotation.



In honor of #NationalPorkMonth, I'm sharing this video of Leah, a hog producer, and her daily morning chores routine. It's so cool to see other people my age advocating for agriculture by sharing their stories.



Did you know Ashton Kutcher is from Iowa? Click below to see the viral video of his "Iowa Story." After CALS Week last week, it really made me take time to think about what he said and I have to agree, "the greatest natural resource in Iowa... [is] the people." 


As always, thanks for reading! I hope you learned a little Agriculture 101, looked into #NationalPorkMonth, and Ashton Kutcher stirred up a little Iowa pride for all you Iowans out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment