Tuesday, August 2, 2016

5 Travel Hacks I Learned on Why I Farm Roadtrip

If you've read my other Why I Farm Roadtrip posts, you know I'm traveling to all 50 states over the next year on a pretty tight budget. It's been a great learning experience on so many levels. Here are a few travel hacks I wish I would have known from the start.


1. When you go through a fast food drive through, always order a cup of water. (McDonald's will give you a medium water for free, but will charge you for a large.) Pour the cup of water into a water bottle so it can be put in your purse or backpack without spilling later.

2. Stash extra napkins, straws and silverware from fast food stops in your glove box. You can never have enough napkins.

3. If you're going to a coffee shop/restaurant for wifi, test it out before you order. Nothing is more frustrating than buying an expensive coffee drink just to find out you can't get any work done there.

4. Every time you get our of your car, throw away your trash. When you spend so much time in your vehicle, keeping it clean is the key to sanity.


5. When buying food, consider going to the grocery store. Look at the bakery discount rack for staples like bread. It's way cheaper to buy room temperature bottled drinks in bulk. Think about buying the "family size" boxes of things that will keep like granola bars, cereal and fruit snacks.

What are your favorite travel hacks? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. The Hub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm currently three months in to a 50 state roadtrip, so these are just lessons I've learned along the way. I'm glad my experiences can help others have a more positive travel experience!

      Delete