Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Night Movie Night!

It's Monday night movie night! Okay, so I may have just made that up, but really, check out some of these video clips I've run across while working on different projects for Iowa Corn. They're pretty neat and hopefully you'll pick up some interesting facts. You may need a kleenex box for the last few! Enjoy!

I've always thought time lapse videos are cool and the hog buildings that dot the Iowa landscape intrigue me. Check this clip out to see the process of building one and learn more about the Coalition to Support Iowa Farmers. Give their website a peek if you have a chance!


Farmland is a movie that recently came out documenting 6 farmers and their day to day lives. Before you let the word documentary scare you away, watch the trailer below. Thanks to the ISU Corn Club, I got to see the full length movie in theaters last spring. If you get the chance to take it in, I highly recommend it!


This is one of my favorite video clips because it features my boss, Shannon Textor, and a farmer from my hometown, Wayne Humphreys. This one is sure to make you smile!


The other day, our office received a call from someone wanting to learn more about high fructose corn syrup. A member of our team was able to answer all their questions and clear up a lot of misconception, and it made me interested to learn more about a product that is in so much of our food. You're sure to learn something new here:
(Click on the photo. I couldn't get a video linked up like the others)


I saved my personal favorites for last. Since Beck's Hybrids came and spoke to the Ag Business Club last year, I have been obsessed with their "Why I Farm" campaign. It was so hard to chose which videos to put on the blog, so be sure to check out all the others on their YouTube channel. Make sure to have some tissues handy! These videos give me goosebumps no matter how many times I watch them!



I hope you've enjoyed these clips as much as I did and they've inspired you to learn more. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment