Thursday, February 12, 2015

#Thankful Thursday, Week 7

This week, it really hit me how thankful I am for transportation. It seems like I've been on the road, or in the air, constantly and getting from place to place is something I take for granted way too often. 

Recently, club activities took me to Atlanta, Georgia (read about that trip here) which required driving, flying, and taking the local public transportation, MARTA. Everything went smoothly without delay, and at the time I didn't even think twice about it! How lucky are we that we can travel to the opposite side of the country without breaking the bank or being seriously concerned about personal safety!

Just this morning, I drove down to Des Moines and back, took the CyRide to class, and walked across the beautiful Iowa State campus. My car started just fine, and along with thousands of others around the metro I made my commute without a single hiccup. When I returned, and needed to go to class, a big red CyRide was right outside my house within a matter of minutes to drop me off where ever I wanted to go on campus.

These are just two instances where I need to be especially grateful for the means to get around and the freedom to do so. As I buzz from place to place this year, I'm going to try to be more mindful of all that goes on behind the scenes to get me from point A to B. Join me! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment