Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hello again!

Hello again! I've taken a little break from blogging to prepare everything for the holidays, wrap up the academic semester, and begin a new job. In all I'm doing I find more and more things I want to share with you all, and want to take some time to catch up today!

First off, I've started another job! I joined the dataTHRESH team last month as the Marketing Communications Manager and have been learning tons about all the data tools available to farmers as they make decisions, like seed selection, for their farm. Within the first week on the job, my teammates and I hosted a tailgate event at Jack Trice to get to know farmers and Cyclone fans over hot cocoa and warm Hickory Park chili. I was so busy this fall, I didn't attend many football games, so tailgating and hanging out with new friends was a welcomed change of pace. For the rest of the school year, I will be traveling to trade shows and working behind the scenes to help the farmers that use our products.

In other exciting news, I officially accepted a Marketing Communications internship with Beck's Hybrids in Atlanta, Indiana for this summer. If you regularly follow my blog, you know I'm slightly obsessed with their #WhyIFarm videos and I can't wait to be a contributing member of their team. Over Christmas break, I plan to travel to the company headquarters to meet the rest of the department in person, and I'm really looking forward to the trip.

It feels like I've been spending a lot of time off campus with career related adventures, but on campus organizations have been keeping me busy too. In the last month, I have been elected to a couple officer positions and really look forward to growing the organizations that have made such a huge impact in my professional development. Keep your eyes open for posts about ISU Student Federation for Agriculture and the ISU Iowa Corn Growers Association. 

Even with all that's been going on, the opportunity for a blog post is always at the back of my mind. This holiday season has caused me to take time and reflect. Over Thanksgiving Break I wrote at least a half dozen thankfulness posts, but each got extremely lengthy and didn't even begin to cover all I was feeling. Finally, I decided to scrap all my drafts and start a #ThankfulThursday series. For the next year, I look forward to taking time to meditate on something I'm thankful for each Thursday. 

Finals are this coming week, and I will certainly be thankful when they are over. I'm excited to start this next series in my blogging journey! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment